After this weekend’s time change [for which I was not aware of until Saturday evening and stayed out all hours of the night with my dear friend Hayley who just got engaged to her amazing fiance Steve!!] I’m exhausted and perplexed that at 6:20PM this evening I was still able to see the sun!
ANY WHO I thought to myself about springtime and how close it is – so close that we can actually feel it! To get rid of our winter blues, I went to the great Fitness Magazine which provided some really excellent suggestions to reboot and give yourself a fresh new start for the season!
Some of their great ideas include:
- Wear bright colors (especially yellow).
- Surround yourself with happy, optimistic people!
- Spend less time in front of you TV and computer to engage in more person-to-person interaction.
- Speak your mind, especially to those you care about.
- Get outside and get your dose of Vitamin D [can be taking a quick walk during lunch or walking to and from work!]
Other personal ideas that I take around with me everyday include:
- Make sure to talk to at least one important person on the phone everyday and tell them that you love them.
- Do one selfless thing a day (or more if you can!)
- Do one selfish thing a day (because we all need to give ourselves small indulgences to live happy lives!) By selfish, I mean treat yourself to a nice dessert or new shirt or give yourself more credit for completing that difficult work task.
- Create to-do lists for things you want to accomplish. I find that compartmentalizing helps to get things done more quickly and effectively.
- Take a vacation (or stay-cation!) One day or a long weekend will rejuvenate you!
Feel free to share your daily tips!